The protection of your personal data is important. We respect your privacy and ensure that any personal information that you provide to us via this website or that is already in our possession is treated confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
HyTEPS is a trade name of KyALIBER B.V. with its registered office in Gemert and registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce Eindhoven: 17214960. With regard to the protection of your personal data, the following policy applies.
Table of Contents
- Processing of Personal Data
- Right to Access, Right to Rectification and to be Forgotten
- Do you have any questions?
- Do you have a complaint?
1. Processing of Personal Data
1.1 What is personal data?
Personal data refers to all the information that can be traced back to you as an individual. In particular by reference to an identifier such as name, address,
1.2 Why do we process personal data?
HyTEPS processes personal data in order to provide the Site’s Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Site, analyze how people use our Site, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Site to:
- Provide and administer the Site, including to display customized content;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by HyTEPS;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Improve our Site and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Site on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Site.
In addition, we process personal data on the basis of the legal principles, namely: consent of the person concerned, the execution of a contract, for the representation of legitimate interests and for the fulfillment of a legal obligation. For more information on the lawfulness of the processing, see article 6 of the GDPR.
1.3 What personal data do we process?
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in courses, and data from third-party platforms you connect with the Site. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of the Site you interact with or spend time using.
1.3.1 Data You Provide US
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Site. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Site, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, such as your email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number
When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Student Payment Data
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, HyTEPS does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
Communication and Support
1.3.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Site, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Site, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Site.
Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, including information such as country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies.
1.4 How long do we keep your personal data?
HyTEPS will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the processing of the purposes described above, unless these data are necessary for the fulfillment of a legal retention obligation.
1.5 With whom is your personal data shared?
We share certain data about you, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Business Partners.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics and data enrichment services, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer
advertisingin the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools, and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or
other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of HyTEPS, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Site.
- During a Change in Control: If HyTEPS undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
HyTEPS takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and HyTEPS, the Site, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Site will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact us with any concerns.
3. Right to Access, Right to Rectification and to be Forgotten
At all times you have the right to access the personal data that HyTEPS has (possibly) processed of you. Do you want to access, rectify, or remove your personal data? Please contact us, it is also possible to submit your request in writing. You can send this by mail to HyTEPS, Elisabethplaats 30, 5421 LC Gemert, the Netherlands. HyTEPS will process these applications at the latest within 30 days after the date of receipt. For more information about the right of inspection see article 15 of the AVG.
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on HyTEPS. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to HyTEPS, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.
4.1 Which Cookies does HyTEPS use?
HyTEPS uses functional and analytical cookies. Functional cookies refer to cookies that are required for a website to operate. An example of a functional cookie is the placement of a cookie if you check the ‘stay logged in’ box when logging in. At a later
According to the GDPR and the EU legislation on cookies, visitors of the Site do not have to consent to the usage of cookies, as the cookies that HyTEPS may use for the Site are:
- user‑input cookies (session-id) such as first‑party cookies to keep track of the user’s input when filling online forms, shopping carts, etc., for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases
- authentication cookies, to identify the user once he has logged in, for the duration of a session
- user‑centric security
used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration cookies,
- multimedia content player
used to store technical data to cookies, play backvideo or audio content, for the duration of a session
- load‑balancing cookies, for the duration of
customisationcookies such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer)
- third‑party social plug‑in content‑sharing cookies, for logged‑in members of a social network.
Cookies clearly exempt from consent according to the EU advisory body on data protection- WP29.
4.2 What are my privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. Do you have any questions?
6. Do you have a complaint?
Do you have a complaint about the way in which HyTEPS handles your personal data? Then you can submit it here. In addition, you have the option of submitting a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).